Mrs Rogan - Year 4 Teacher and School Librarian
* What did you do before coming to Solefield?
As a qualified archivist, I worked in business for eleven years, with foreign postings to several continents. The most interesting trip was to a gold mine in Ghana, six hours by bus from Accra. As a family, we lived in Singapore for five years, before settling in Sevenoaks.
* Tell us a little about your different roles at Solefield.
I am the Year 4 teacher, currently teaching English, Maths and History. I run the Solefield Library and have library session with Years 3-6 to discuss our reading.
* What do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy theatre, galleries, visiting historical places, books and endless card games with my children.
* Tell us something unique about you.
I have sung at Carnegie Hall and the Royal Albert Hall.
* What inspired you to become a teacher?
When I was 10, I wanted to be teacher. I was inspired by my own rather quirky primary school in Charlton where we went to the opera and had free choice Friday. Every week we chose from a vast selection of activities from Scottish dancing to enamelling. I loved it and thought it would be great to be a teacher. I achieved my ambition several decades later.
* What do you most enjoy about teaching Year 4?
I am a firm believer that Year 4 is such a great year as the boys begin to develop their own interests and opinions which makes teaching them exciting.
* What do you like about working at Solefield?
The people. Don't tell anyone, but the staff have as much fun as the boys and enjoy Solefield just as much as they do!
* What is your favourite food and why?
Cheese naan as it reminds me of many wonderful times in Singapore with family and friends.